The Sound of Your Heart


One of the few times I can say I legitimately laughed out loud.

                              The Sound of Your Heart OST Part 1: Yoon Mirae, Tiger JK, Bizzy

Synopsis:

This web series is based off of the manhwa of the same name. It follows inspiring manhwa artist Seok Cho. He initially struggles to find work with his comics. However, he begins an autobiographical approach, often centering on his ridiculous family, which is much better received. He meets his future wife, Ae Bong at a friend's wedding. Their awkward romance blossoms, which also becomes a frequent topic of Seok Cho's comics. Eventually he gains popularity, but never takes his fans for granted and remembers the person that inspires his cartoons the most, Ae Bong.



Reaction:

This series was so freaking hilarious. Then again, I would probably find anything with Lee Kwang Soo in it hilarious (except for Entourage). The thing I love about Kwang Soo is that no matter what role takes on, he always seems to be himself. I noticed in Hwarang, that even in a drama that took place 1,500 years ago, he was still the same Kwang Soo.



I never actually read the manhwa; I don't really like the artistic style. However, I think it's fitting that it's the longest running manhwa to date. Slice of life stories offer a lot of opportunity and direction. There wasn't actually a plot and each mini episode stood on its own (disregarding progressions in Seok Cho's career and his romance with Ae Bong). Each episode has its own distinct style that made it special. And even though each episode was only 10-15 minutes long and there were only 20 of these, each character was well developed and fully fleshed out.

And I've tried watching Korean sitcoms before, but they're always too cheesy for me. The Sound of Your Heart did very well as a sitcom series. It was full of over the top slap stick comedy, but it was still high quality and well done.



For all of the above reasons, I really wish more episodes would be made! There could be 6 seasons and a movie. I know it was a just a web series and that Korean series are not really divided into seasons the way American series are. But considering the manhwa is so long, there is plenty of material to create more episodes. I can only hope.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hwarang

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo