I need sleep


The vast and rapid influx of new dramas seems to be calming down lately. And thank god for me because I think if I tried to add anymore at this point, my head would explode. My summer is winding down and I'm running out of time, so here's hoping I can start to catch up with everything I've left behind.


Bride of the Water God 2017

Ok I still don't understand Hu Ye's purpose exactly. Is he actually the antagonist? Is he rivaling Habaek as emperor of the god realm? I'm guessing that will come more into focus in the next couple of episodes. I definitely wasn't expecting Bi Ryum's mischievousness to turn so dark. It gives me little bit more appreciation for his character, but he still doesn't really carry the gravity of a god. And Mura most certainly doesn't either. She may look like a goddess, but she's pretty whiny and obnoxious for someone 3,000 years old. I wonder if she'll always stay that way or if she'll have some actual growth.


School 2017

The 1st episode was meh, but the second episode has me hooked. After watching the 1st episode, I thought this must be the fluffiest School series yet. Granted, I haven't even watched School 2013. I've only been School 2015. But the second episode gave this series more depth, for sure. The female lead feels a bit cliche to me. She's portrayed as fearless, but dumb, acting before she thinks. And there must be a million dramas with a lead like her. The 2 male leads are actually refreshing. I like how the the tsundere lead actually comes from a wealthy, well connected background. Meanwhile, the golden boy enjoys popularity despite his poor background. It's at least somewhat different. I know a lot of people would like for the romance to take a backseat with this series, but I'm all in for this love triangle.


Good Thief, Bad Thief

I'm up to episode 16. Could Dol Mok be any more swoon worthy? I've completely forgiven him for any crap he did as a high school student. I absolutely love how he's double crossing everyone. He's playing Yoon Ho, he's playing Hwa Young, and he's even inadvertently playing his brother. He even managed to disguise a date with So Joo as a set up for his dad and the Tai Chi master, which was under the disguise as a lunch with his dad. So much scheming. Meanwhile, we have Joon Hee who right now is turning out to be the opposite of swoon worthy. Let's see how long he'll get manipulated by the soulless Hwa Young.


The Best Hit

I'm up to episode 24 now. Ok so we've gotten some romance advising but I'm still waiting for that idol advising. As much as I love Ji Hoon, I kind of wish he took the offer from Ssen entertainment and then slowly disappeared from the plot. At least then I wouldn't have to watch him suffer anymore. That sounded much worse than I intended it to. And I don't think he would be too thrilled that Mr. Thumbs Up is his father. I'm also not thrilled about the Hyun Jae Woo Seung romantic pairing, but they seem to really like being in each other's company, so *shrugs*.


Queen For Seven Days

I'm 2 episodes behind now. Ugh I think I need to take a breather from all the heartbreak. That scene in episode 14 when Chae Kyung shows Yeok the burned tattoos killed me. Everything came crashing down in that moment. Yeok no longer had the upper hand in their relationship, keeping any secret from her he wished. Chae Kyung completely changed in Yeok's eyes. The only thing that I wished had been different is the background music. How more powerful could that scene have been with no background music? It just seemed to drown everything out, completely overpowering. And can I just say that after that episode, Chae Kyung went down as being one of the most badass female leads in kdrama history? And this is in Joseon! It just breaks my heart watching Yeok make all these promises to Chae Kyung about moving to the countryside and dropping Snail Brides when both of them know he can't keep them. It feels like everything is sliding quickly from here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hwarang

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

The Sound of Your Heart