A Slow Recovery


I got wisdom tooth surgery, which served as the perfect opportunity to lie on the couch with my puppy and watch tv for 3 days. I watched as many drama episodes as I could before I fell asleep. And then my week got very hectic with a lot of traveling, but at least I don't look like a chipmunk!


Bad Thief, Good Thief

As the plot unravels rather quickly, so does my interest. I just finished episode 21 and Pan Soo already knows that Joon Hee is actually Min Jae. Min Jae is fully aware of his father and brother being in his life. Min Jae discovered Dol Mol is J, and so does pretty much everyone else at this point. It feels like the drams is nearing its end since so much has been done and revealed but there are 29 episodes left!? What else is there to be done? And Joon Hee is starting to piss me off a little. Even if he wants to teach Dol Mok a lesson about what being a thief does to your life, arresting him was cruel. And then he blames his dad for not being interested in him until now as if his family hadn't been looking for him from the moment he ran away from home. He doesn't have to be so cruel, everyone's life is difficult and complicated.


School 2017

*Arms flailing* I can't get enough of Tae Woon and Eun Ho! I will go down with this ship. Every time he gives her that goofy smile or deliberately sits too close to her, I become a crazy person. And I love that he's totally open about his adoration for her now. It's too cute! I also love that Tae Woon's dad thinks Tae Woon is obsessed with chicken after ordering it 10 times in one night and shockingly brought some home for him. I also totally love Eun Ho after episode 9. She seems to be the only sincere person in her class. And she's not afraid to tell off the kids with all the power. I'm hoping her efforts for Bo Ra and against Hee Chan will have made a difference. Justice for Bo Ra 2017.


Strongest Deliveryman

I know, I know. I should not be picking up yet another new series right now, but I will watch what I want to watch. Even after the second episode, this drama has become so compelling. One of the most important details for me in any story is character development. The characters in this drama are multi-layered, interesting, and I can see a lot of character development for each of them in the future. I'm so glad that Go Kyung Pyo has finally gotten a lead role. He's one of those actors that's just been working towards this point and it was just a matter of time before he got there.

Another thing that makes me excited about this drama is the lack of injustice. Because if there's one thing I cannot stand, it's injustice. When Da Na refused to give her younger brother tuition money, it may have seemed cruel, but if I was her I damn well would have done the same thing. She never got to go to college. Instead she worked tirelessly to pay off her family's debts and become self sufficient. And now her family wants to use her hard earned money to allow their other child have opportunities she had to throw away for their sake. Hell no I wouldn't take that. I also loved the scene with Ji Yoon's first day of work at the cafe after she dropped her earring in Jin Gyu's coffee. In any other drama, she would have been humiliated and then fired. But instead, Jin Gyu became the bully. It was both hilarious and satisfying.

And then Jin Gyu had streets illegally closed for street races, which prevented Kang Soo's friend from getting to the hospital at the time. I felt even better about Jin Gyu getting thrown out of the cafe. But then the scene with Jin Gyu and his father happened. I was so not ready for that emotional punch. It just goes to show that no matter how much of an asshole someone may be, you never know what could be going on in their life.


Bride of the Water God 2017

Watched up to episode 12 at this point. Did Ha Baek really come back? When he was standing in front of So Ah's house, I was certain it was her imagination. I really liked that we skipped over an awkward avoidance after So Ah turned Ha Baek down. It was nice to watch him reading the book in different places of the house and them making kimbap together. It felt very cinematic. I wasn't surprised that she pretended that it didn't bother her when Ha Baek left. But I was surprised when she hugged him when he came back. It looks like the next episode will be lovey- dovey. I'm also looking forward to the relationship development between Mura and Bi Ryum. They're boring to watch on their own, but exciting when they're together. I have completely lost track of the main plot with the missing minor gods and the god stones, and blah blah blah. I do feel really bad for Hu Ye though. He's done nothing wrong without being severely provoked. He just wants to be a normal human being. The scene where he was getting beat up by an invisible force in the parking lots was really hard to watch. I don't even really like him with So Ah so much, but I just want him to be happy!


Queen for Seven Days

I still have the last episode to watch but I can't bear to do it. It's just like the last episode of Scarlet Heart Ryeo, there's nothing but tragedy and separation left. And even if it's the best episode of the entire series, beautiful and moving, once I finish it, it means this drama is over. I'm not ready for that yet. As for the penultimate episode, I can't believe Yeonsun is destroying Yeok and Chae Kyung's relationship even after he's been deposed and exiled. But I suppose he's just one of many people who would have made it impossible for Chae Kyung to stay.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hwarang

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

The Sound of Your Heart