Nevermind, I'm in over my head again


I started watching 2 new dramas lately, but they're so good! Honestly, there are a lot of great dramas out right now. And I could try and practice some self control by limiting my drama plate, but then I would think about all the great stuff I'm missing and then I wouldn't be able to focus on anything else.  I think I made the right decision.


Age of Youth 2

NOOOOOO it can't be over!! There is so much that has been unresolved. We know now that Sung Min has concrete feelings for Ji Won, he's even acknowledged them.  But he's decided that it's better to keep things the way they are. WHY!? Ji Won has admitted that her relationship with Sung Min might lead to something more, but who knows if she was earnest in this confession. Eun Jae has finally let go of Jong Yeol, or has she? Ye Eun has a long way to go before she's fully recovered. Her family might stunt her recovery forever, actually. Her grandmother asked about her health and said she didn't look well, but she didn't actually want to know. Why bother asking? Maybe Ye Eun can cut off her family completely until she can grow stronger on her own. Jin Myung and Eun's endings were more satisfying. Jin Myung spent so much time battling herself about Heimdal. It's great that she could finally give herself and Heimdal closure. However, it doesn't seem like she's particularly happy with her job. Surely Asgard won't be the last idol group she has to disappoint and negotiate with. It's sad that Eun lost Ye Ji, her closest friend. But there's always the possibility for forgiveness in the future. Eun has opened up tremendously with the people around her.

Nevertheless this is such an awesome series, including both season 1 and 2. Thank god for cable networks for providing content the 3 major networks wouldn't dare touch. I'll wait for season 3 news, which I know is inevitable.


The Package

Words cannot express how much I love this. It feels like I'm going on vacation with them. I've been on a package tour before, so I know what it's like to be herded around with a group of strangers who may or may not be the most obnoxious people on the planet. I think what disappoints me the most is that this group of tourists don't seem to be particularly excited about their trip. They never seem to fully appreciate their surroundings, or the very idea that they're halfway across the world. That's something I cannot comprehend. I didn't expect Jung Yong Hwa to be so bumbling. He's the butt of every joke and he's always caught doing something dumb. Why was he at a sex shop? Why did he even touch that hundreds year old chastity belt? I'm seriously pissed off at his company though for approving his time off and then expecting him to come to work anyways. Shouldn't that be illegal?

I was annoyed with Yoon Bak's character for chasing So So relentlessly throughout France. But that was when I thought he was her ex-boyfriend. When it was shockingly revealed that he's actually younger brother, I thought he was absolutely adorable. He was hilariously overprotective of her. Now I want him to find her or for her to stop running away.


Bad Thief, Good Thief

I'm officially dropping this one. I've completely lost interest in the plot and all the dramatics. I wanted to challenge myself with a 50 episode drama, but I couldn't cross the finish line. It's just not for me.


Go Back Spouses

Another drama I've been loving lately! I absolutely love Jang Na Ra and I don't remember seeing Son Ho Joon in anything since Reply 1994, so I'm happy to see him again. I can't believe Jang Na Ra is 36 years old and yet she's perfectly passable as a 20 year old college student. It's so fun to see her run around as an ahjumma through the college campus. Meanwhile, it's difficult to picture Son Ho Joon as someone who's almost 40 years old, so his personality seems more fitting for a college student than a father. In general this show is a joy to watch. I think it has a unique time slip set up, as both people have gone back in time. It's inevitable that they will fall in love again, hopefully in a lasting way this time. One thing I'm really glad they touched upon, is the aching loss Jin Joo feels for her future child, Seo Jin. Obviously Seo Jin cannot exist without Ban Do, but here she is given a chance to improve her life without Ban Do. Will she marry Ban Do again for Seo Jin's sake? Also, we know that Ban Do loves Seo Jin, so why hasn't he given any thought to the future of his son?


Strongest Deliveryman

I managed to pick up this one again. I now have 2 episodes left. I'm so proud of Jin Gyu for quitting his position at Jung Family Foods. He would rather sleep in park bushes than be used as a pawn and I love him even more for it. Now that he's not associated with Jung's Seolleontang place, I can't wait for it to go down. I love Strongest Deliveryman's color scheme and I think it's a great businesses idea. I  think that they should expand beyond restaurant row, though, because those businesses could go under any day and Kang Soo has employees to take care of now. He also invested all of his money into the company. And I still want Dan Ah to leave Korea, despite her romance with Kang Soo. She can't work at a delivery company her whole life.


While You Were Sleeping

I was totally confused by that whole roomba blood pattern thing. I thought that by revealing that evidence to the audience, it was implying that Woo Tak's friend didn't need to have 13 minutes to kill the athlete and then make the drawing. So I don't really understand what was being explained there, but maybe I wasn't paying enough attention. I think Hong Joo and Jae Chan are absolutely adorable together. I like how naturally they eased into a relationship, as if nothing had to be said at all. Lastly, I was interested by Yoo Bum's reaction from defending the chicken shop poisoner (?). I don't think we've been shown that side of him before. He actually has some humanity deep inside him. I wonder what type of character development he might go through, if the writers decide to spend more time on him.


Temperature of Love

I'm still not loving the main couple, but now I don't even really like Hyun Soo with Jung Woo. He had five or so years to sincerely confess to Hyun Soo when Jung Sun was in France. He never truly confessed to her and if he had and she rejected him, then he should have let go. Instead, he kept telling Jung Sun that he would propose to Hyun Soo, without even being in a remotely romantic relationship with her. And now that Jung Woo is aware of Hyun Soo and Jung Sun's relationship, he has decided that now is the perfect time to propose? I feel bad for his unrequited love, but nothing about him makes any sense. Also, I can no longer look at him without seeing him as the barista from coffee prince. Once you see it, it's impossible. My favorite character is now Kyung and the only relationship I'm rooting for is Kyung and her director puppy.


Because This is My First Life

Ugh. So much love for this show. There is so much subtlety in the emotions conveyed, the underlying subtext of conversations between characters, and common themes throughout the show. Once again, thank god for cable networks for providing such delicate masterpieces.  I love Ji Ho and I can't help but root for her. She's one of the most relatable female leads I've seen in a drama. And I absolutely love the little details in Lee Min Ki's acting as Se Hee. Every time Se Hee gives Ji Ho a long look, I melt. He has the most beautiful eyes. He's like a cat. But he's more than just a pretty face, he's a lovely character and I can't wait for him to break down for Ji Ho. I also really do appreciate all the side characters and their ability to stand on their own. It's rare to see that in dramaland. When I first watched this drama, I assumed that it wouldn't garner much attention, but it apparently has, and I'm so happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hwarang

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

The Sound of Your Heart