Counting Down the Days


These past few weeks, I've done nothing but count down the days until my next break. I hadn't been home in a few months and all of my energy had been drained. I even set a timer on my phone. Now I'm back and I have time to myself and it feels wonderful.


Go Back Spouses

What!? Since when was this only 12 episodes! I know it's over now and I still have the last episode to watch. This drama flips from heartbreaking to gut busting real fast. I empathize with Jin Joo's conflict in particular. Her own son is in the present, but her mother is only alive in the past. She loves both deeply, but can't be with both at the same time. I know the whole point of her and Ban Do traveling to the past was to learn to appreciate each other properly, but I think the greatest gift was for Jin Joo to be able to spend more time with her mom now that she knows her mom's time on Earth is limited. And she's so protective of that time. Maybe Jin Joo and Ban Do will get married earlier and have a child before they're in their late 30s so that Jin Joo's mom can meet Seo Jin.


Because This is My First Life

I love the push and pull between Se Hee and Ji Ho. Se Hee subconsciously sets boundaries and then breaks them. Ji Ho analyzes every everything Se Hee does and actively responds in ways that confuse  Se Hee. But it makes me sad that Ji Ho isn't getting what she wants from their relationship. I really thought that Bok Nam would make Se Hee jealous and protective enough of Ji Ho to acknowledge his feelings for her. And then it was revealed that he almost married someone in the past, which honestly breaks my heart because he could have been referring to this person when Ji Ho asked him if one love is enough for life. And she has no idea! Trouble is coming. I'm waiting impatiently for the next couple episodes after that kiss in the preview. But I know that there are only 2 reasons they would drop something like that in the preview. One would be because it's part of Ji Ho's imagination. The second reason would be that it doesn't actually happen in the next episode, but maybe in 2 or 3. I'm still waiting impatiently.

All of the other relationships seem to be settling out. I actually didn't like Mr. Ma at first. He acts as though Soo Ji stabbed him in the back, but she doesn't owe him anything. She slept with him once and that does not mean she needs to cater to his desires. In general, the way men treat Soo Ji disgusts me and the fact that she must endure it quietly in order to achieve her dream disgusts me even more. But I warmed up to him after he started crying haha. Now I'm happy that they've accepted each other, and that she can be in control. I'm thrilled that Ho Rang finally gets to experience marriage! It broke my heart when she was on the train and she felt the need to hide her crimson nails, like her spirit has been broken with age. I just wish she didn't quit her job! Or I would at least wish she would find another job. She and Won Seok live in a box.

Note: These are my thoughts on the episodes from 2 weeks ago. I am completely up to date and will hopefully get my next post up much sooner.


The Package

I'm a few episodes behind. I'm still loving the scenery, though I'm starting to feel like they keep filming in the same location and claim to be somewhere else. Like there's this one chicken restaurant with a red awning that keeps popping up everywhere. Other than that, I love how this show allows you to make your own assumptions about characters only to break them down. First there was So So's brother who I'm sure everyone thought was her ex-boyfriend at one point. I was waiting for them to reveal the older man and younger girl's backstories. It seemed like they were purposefully putting that off. I was really surprised to find out that they're actually father and daughter. I guess I just didn't think the age gap was that significant. I now appreciate the time that was taken to get us there.


Temperature of Love

I'm really far behind on this one and I watched an episode at least 2 weeks ago, so I don't fully remember what happened. I do remember finding it strange that Jung Sun's mom suddenly wants to be Hyun Soo's best friend. She was so quick to dismiss her 5 years ago. Maybe she senses how significant Hyun Soo has become to Jung Sun and desperately feels the need to latch on so she can be closer to her son. I'm also still not quite sure what Jung Woo has planned, but I also don't really want to find out. Unless he gives up, I can feel myself getting in for one awkward adventure.


While You Were Sleeping

The last episode I watched was 26, so I'm getting there. I was thinking about the decision I would have made about the killer author if I was Jae Chan. It was an interesting take on the trolley problem, because either way, potentially many people could have died. I probably wouldn't have authorized the autopsy and simply allowed the organs to be donated. Even if the autopsy was done, this wouldn't necessarily have provided foolproof evidence that the author killed his student. It would have been a gamble, and it was. At least if the organs were donated, 7 people definitely could have been saved and the author could have been charged with something else. But I'm glad that Jae Chan's decision worked out in the end and everyone won. I do however think that Yoo Bum's defense for the author was complete bullshit. It was even more frustrating that people in the court room would have been swayed by his claims that the author wasn't ultimately responsible for the student's death. That was weak writing and it honestly made me feel patronized. But I can't believe detective Choi was the man Jae Chan and Hong Joo saved! I mean he always seemed to have a soft spot for Jae Chan, but I didn't know his connection was that strong!


Meloholic

Haha what even is this show? It feels like a web drama. I only wanted to watch this because U-Know Yunho (?) is in it and I was curious. I like him and I like the female lead. She's playing someone much more age appropriate now. But I'm thrown off by the many creepy male side characters. For example, what was up with the interaction between the professor and Clara? Why do they have her running around in tight work out clothes and him stalking her into the kitchen? And why does she change back in to her workout clothes when she's done in the kitchen to come up to him? That was so creepy and unnecessary. I think I'll just keep watching this for the interactions between the main couple and skip everything else.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hwarang

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

The Sound of Your Heart