My Favorite Time of The Year


It's currently the time of the season between Thanksgiving and Christmas. It's late fall. It's my favorite time of the year. Everything starts to wind down and there's a feeling of relief. Everything is peppermint flavored and everything is on sale! It's wonderful. All that's missing is the snow.✨


Because This Is My First Life

Lee Chung Ah, you home wrecker! First Lucky Romance, now this? Just kidding, she was actually really cool as Jung Min, but I was seriously annoyed by her appearance. I know she had to be addressed at some point because she left the poetry book for Se Hee and Ji Ho found it. However, that whole part of the plot seemed unnecessary. I think Ji Ho's discussion with Se Hee's father was far more meaningful. It addressed the true societal expectations of marriage and Ji Ho's self identified inability to meet those expectations. And I think Ji Ho handled the whole situation very poorly. For the most part of the show, I related with Ji Ho and admired her, but I just couldn't understand her actions towards the end. If she felt as if Se Hee wasn't expressing himself to her, she should have discussed it with him and given him a chance. He was so close to opening up to her, but she left before he could do so. She should have told him why she wanted to end the marriage, but she didn't explain anything to him. That was really frustrating. And then she does absolutely nothing for 2 months and comes back to him after half an episode. So naturally, I thought all of that was really stupid.

However, I did really like how their relationship wrapped up at the end of the last episode. They re- register their marriage for real on their own terms. They developed a relationship around their love and not society's expectations. And it doesn't seem like they ever have (human) children so their marriage is unconventional and they're content with that. Every so often a k- drama will roll around that stands out among the countless traditionally conservative ones and I definitely think this one qualifies. The show also had wonderful side characters, who I'm happy also all managed to get married (which was progessively pointed out to not necessarily equate success) and find peace within themselves. I'll miss this one, especially since I no longer have drama crack in my life. Dramaland, I'm waiting...


Nothing to Lose

I think Yeon Woo Jin just might be shippable with everyone. I shipped him with Park Hye Soo (even though no one else did) in Introverted Boss. I shipped him with Park Min Young in Seven Day Queen (when will I finish??). And I shipped him with Park Eun Bin before I even saw the first episode. I thought she deserved to be a lead after the first Age of Youth. I don't think I would want to keep watching the drama if it weren't for the 3 leading actors (Yeon Woo Jin, Park Eun Bin, and Dong Ha). I find it a bit tiresome. In general, I really don't like procedural dramas, such as legal, crime, or medical ones. However, this does seem to be less focused on a case per week plot development. It seems to be more focused on the overarching conflict of Choi Kyung Ho's case and others that may be related. I don't think Han Joon raped and killed Ga Eun. It's too soon for something like that to be dug up and revealed. I think he knows something that could be otherwise incriminating to him or hurtful in some way. Or maybe he thinks he was responsible for the crimes, but actually wasn't. I just don't think it's going to be so straightforward.


Meloholic

I wonder why Yunho and Kyung Yoo Jin decided to do this drama haha. I would be way too embarrassed. I'm kind of embarrassed that I even watch it! There are some things I'm very confused about at this point ( episode 8). Is Ye Ri's split personality psychological or supernatural? Seeing as Eun Ho has supernatural powers, it's not out of reach. Every time Ju Ri comes out, she suddenly has lipstick on and a mole appears by her eyes. That doesn't just happen in real life! I also don't fully understand why Eun Ho was so fully convinced that Ju Ri murdered people and mugged him instead of Sun Ho. He couldn't believed the truth when he witnessed it. Also, what teenage girl's favorite author writes semi- autobiographical murders online?? More specifically, Min Jung doesn't seem like the type of person who wouldn't be disturbed by something like that. As a side note, I've seen that yellow bookstore in a million dramas. To be fair, it is really cool looking.


Temperature of Love

I'm watching this drama at a snail's pace. I watched episode 20 recently. All I can think after the end of that episode is what the hell is wrong with Jung Woo!? Even if he has endless feelings for Hyun Soo and if Jung Sun told him not to give up on any woman and fight to the end, I don't think that anyone in their right mind would follow through with an end like this. If Jung Sun was truly the man he likes the most and Hyun Soo was truly the woman he likes the most, he wouldn't do something so hurtful. His proposal is one of the most pathetic things I've seen a second lead do in a drama. Also, the cake Jung Sun made is too small and would not remind me of a forest unless someone told me so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hwarang

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

The Sound of Your Heart