Waiting for Subs


Maybe it's because episodes are, on average, longer than necessary, but it feels like episodes are taking much longer to be subbed. I have nothing but respect for subbers, I just also have no patience. There are many dramas I'm hooked on these days, which I couldn't say often last year. 


Nothing to Lose

Finished! I can't pretend that I'm not disappointed in how this drama panned out. I was so excited by Park Eun Bin and Eun Woo Jin's casting. I think the key point where the drama fell flat for me was Park Eun Bin's character Lee Jung Joo. I was imagining a fiery judge with a vengeance. Jung Joo was crazy in many ways in the beginning, but she was also very clumsy. She was called the "knuckle headed" judge. And as the show progressed, she grew sober, which made her character meek. On top of my dislike of her character, the romance was also highly disappointing. There were all these subtle, little interactions between Jung Joo and Eui Hyun I mentioned in the beginning. It seemed like they were building up to something moving and powerful. But then their relationship just fizzled out to the point where there was barely a mention of anything romantic. And then they confessed to each other in the most awkward and frigid way. They weren't even physically close to each other in their office, and they also weren't alone. Who wrote that? By the end, the most skinship they ever get is a short handhold.

It's true that the overarching plot of Ga Eun's murder was intense and time demanding. However, I do believe the romance could have been integrated more fully. I did find the main plot intriguing. I always found Professor Yoo to be creepy, but I had no idea she was psychologically capable of murder. At least she does realize her guilt, however latent. She quit being a judge when Jung Joo became one and she admitted her guilt to the court eventually. I found it crazy that she had been leaving clues of her actions all along. And I'm also glad that they showed Jin Myung in jail because it was starting to seem like Prof Yoo was the only one convicted. Jin Myung raped a minor, after all! I think my favorite part of this drama was Dong Ha. He's was so heartbreakingly wonderful in this role. When he cries, you can't help but bawl in return. I can't wait to see him in another drama soon.


Temperature of Love

I'm caught up to episode 31. I did feel bad for Jung Sun these past couple of episodes. Well, actually, I always feel bad for Jung Sun. However, I particularly feel his pain right now. It must have been really difficult for him to approach his estranged father with the smallest hope that he could somehow help Hyun Soo's mom. He wasn't even in a great place with her, but he prioritized. And all of that was for nothing as Jung Woo saved the day. Jung Woo was there with her family in the hospital, providing for them. I was happy that Hyun Soo confronted him about their relationship, though. Jung Sun is not honest about himself. He has never truly opened up to Hyun Soo and their relationship was starting to feel forced. I still don't particularly like them together. Never the less, I want what is best for all the characters (except Hong Ah) and I'm glad Good Soup is starting to get business again.


I'm Not a Robot

The bandaid has finally been ripped. I knew the necklace would be the ultimate tipoff. Ji Ah was wearing it while Min Gyu was there, it was just hidden behind her apron. She was inconsistent about when she took it off and I knew at some point she would fail to hide it from him. I know that Ji Ah had to be mean to him so that he would leave and she was smart about pretending not to recognize him on the train. However, I also think it was unrealistic for the doctor and the entire Santa Maria team to assume they could hide the truth from Min Gyu indefinitely. Seeing how strongly Min Gyu reacted to his realization that Aji 3 was human all along, I don't think his trauma can be healed quickly. Since Ji Ah had plans to go to Australia for a year, I think she'll continue with her plans. Min Gyu might come to terms with the situation in that time and when Ji Ah comes back after a year, they'll reunite in honesty.



Hwayugi

Cha Seung Woo's humor is so bizarre, it's almost on a non-human level. I wouldn't be surprised if he is a demon in real life. And I absolutely love all the jabs at Korean celebrities that are perceived as so perfect by the public, they must be supernatural. So far, we've got Jang Na Ra and Yoo Jae Suk. But my favorite is Jang Geun Suk as the peacock because that is the literally the most perfect match!

I am 100% up to date with this drama. I admire the writers for creating this romance because it is one of the most intriguing ones I've encountered. Normally, the only thing keeping a couple apart is easily avoidable misunderstandings. However, right now their romance is a thorny web. Oh Gong is a demon who wants to eat Sun Mi and return to heaven, but can't because he is forced to love her and experiences pain when she does. His simplest desire is for her to disappear, but that also gives him pain because it would cause her pain. Sun Mi wants to receive love and affection, but that love isn't given to her out of free will. So the very idea of receiving false love gives her pain, which should give Oh Gong pain. But he can't stop giving her fake affection because of the bracelet (can't remember the name). It's a catch 22 romance. The only solution is for him to sincerely fall in love with her, which, based off of the end of episode 6, seems to be in the works. But I have my doubts that even that was sincere since Oh Gong knows Sun Mi goes to that bar and listens in on her conversations.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hwarang

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

The Sound of Your Heart