For Rio


My dog passed away recently. He was with me for most of my life, though I couldn't see him much towards the end after I left home. Still, I loved him very much and it feels like my life will always be missing something without him. I'm dedicating this post to him.

                                 Image result for the great seducer episode 32

The Great Seducer

Wow so Tae Hee and Si Hyun managed to get back together for a day and then break up and then kind of get back together and then break up and finally getting back together (I think) all within the last couple of episodes. I think this drama takes the world record for the most unstable couple. I really don't understand why they had to be apart for five years. I understand why Tae Hee wanted some time to herself after everything she experienced, but it seemed like she was just waiting for Si Hyun to find her. Did she forget everything? Everything was kind of unclear about Soo Ji and Se Joo at the end, as well. I didn't want Soo Ji to end up with either Se Joo or Si Hyun for a while because it felt like they were all confusing dependency on each other for romantic affection. Se Joo's steadfastness won me over and now I would be happy if they became a real couple, but again everything seemed up in the air, which I don't appreciate. Everything got so makjang at the end. The part where Soo Ji almost runs over Tae Hee and Si Hyun was so ridiculous that I almost laughed out loud. And then Ki Young caused so much chaos and it felt very unrealistic. He always came off as a psycho, it just didn't seem possible that he could be capable of so much physical damage.


                                 Image result for suits kdrama poster

Suits

I came for Park Hyung Sik and I am still here for Park Hyung Sik. The other main lead, Kang Seok seemed boring to me at first, but I think he'll grow on me as the bromance develops. I really think this was the perfect role for PSH to take after SWDBS. He looks surprisingly normal in this role. Not that he's isn't handsome (he is), but he doesn't look like a celebrity as Yeon Woo (and he did as Min Hyuk in SWDBS). I find that refreshing. I think this role allows PSH to practice acting in a different way than he did in his previous roles, I think it'll be a great challenge for him. I also really hope that Suits remains a strictly bromance drama with little to no romance. It's not just because I have a hard time shipping PSH with anyone with Park Bo Young (though that is a factor), I just think romance will make this particular drama weaker. The focus should really be on the relationship between the legendary and rookie lawyer and how they learn from each other.

I normally avoid legal dramas (and medical and crime dramas) because they tend to be procedural. This one seems different somehow. It's style clearly takes cues from American television, especially in terms of the OST. However, it still remains distinctly Korean in it's execution, which I think makes it interesting to watch.


                                Image result for pretty noona who buys me food episode 12

Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food

At first Kyung Sun annoyed me because she was always constantly talking about either Jin Ah or Joon Hee at all times. Doesn't she have anything else to think about? Doesn't she have anything else in  her life? Now I see that she doesn't have anything or anyone else in her life. Jin Ah and Joon Hee are her entire world and she wants nothing else to take care of them. Meanwhile, I will never stop rolling my eyes at the sight of Jin Ah's mom. I would at least partially understand her reasoning if she truly saw Joon Hee as her own child. Of course, even that wouldn't excuse the violence she has afflicted on  those around her. And if she truly felt that way about Joon Hee, she wouldn't have abused him the way she did and continues to do so. It is clear, that her "familial affection" for Joon Hee poorly masks her true rejection for their relationship; she doesn't think Joon Hee and his family are good enough for her own. After seeing how much love Joon Hee showers onto Jin Ah and how empowered he makes her feel, it is nothing short of painful to witness the mom do the complete opposite to Joon Hee. He is so wonderful in every single way and she humiliated and belittled him. It is completely unforgivable.


                                  Related image

Live

I'm currently up to episode 13. So it seems like a genuine romance is developing between Sang Soo and Jeong Oh, which I'm not really a fan of. It's not that I don't want Kwang Soo to be a leading man, it's just that it feels like Sang Soo is forcing Jeong Oh to like him instead of the romance developing organically. It has been really amazing watching Sang Soo evolve into a true cop, along with Jeong Oh and Hye Ri. When he started, he just wanted to gain accolades for his work (he still does) and didn't seem to have any moral commitment. He's become so passionate about doing the right thing, even it means he gets hurt. I thought he was going to kill that rapist with the taser gun. It's also been nice to watch Yang Chon and Jang Mi return to each other and stand up for each other.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hwarang

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

The Sound of Your Heart