Back to school



As classes begin again, all my drama watching time tragically disappears. Even when I do find time to watch my favorite shows, I get distracted and miss important moments. So I haven't been able keep up with very much, but I'm still trying!


Bride of the Water God 2017

Hey, look I actually finished something! Actually this is the first drama I've finished since Strong Woman Do Bong Soon back in April. Overall, I thought it was very visually appealing. The color scheme and set design was really nice. So Ah's rooftop house and office are literally my dream. It did feel, however, to be quite hollow. It was pretty, but there wasn't a lot of substance to back it up. And I think that's ironic actually because that's something a lot of people say about the original manwha and yet fans are frustrated at how much was changed. I actually did try to read the manhwa and was a little disappointed. I didn't get past book 2 though, so maybe it gets better? There was nothing special about the plot and honestly the character developments and romance made no sense. At least the romance in the drama was built up a little. Something that really bothered me about the drama's plot was that it wasn't paced very well. I actually could have done with a couple more episodes. The story just seemed to resolve itself to quickly, like it jumped off a cliff. Hu Ye's storyline especially seemed rushed at the end. Obviously I didn't hate this drama, seeing as I finished it. It was enjoyable to watch, and there were many hilarious and touching moments. It was one of those dramas that's absolutely perfect for the summer.


Bad Thief, Good Thief

Lord knows why I'm still watching this. I'm up to episode 27 at this point. I really thought Dol Mok's biological mom was dead. It seems strange that she would suddenly resurface at this point. It's like the writers ran out of one plot's material so they decided it was time to move onto the next one's. I really want some family time between Min Jae, Dol Mok, and Pan Soo. Everyone knows who everyone is and I want some heartwarming moments. And I get super freaked out every time one of those family members is alone with Yoon Joong Tae. That guy creeps the hell out of me. He's acted so righteous and angelic for so long, but that's all starting to peel away. He's not hiding himself anymore and that makes him dangerous. Lastly, if we don't get some real progress with Dol Mok and So Joo's relationship soon, I might actually give up.


School 2017

Tae Woon is so adorable! Although, I have to say he definitely didn't look like a high schooler when he was dancing to BTS. And I know that the actor is almost 30 so I think this should be his last role as a high schooler. Tae Woon and Eun Ho are super cute together, but he does look at lot older than her. When I watched the preview for the latest episode, I couldn't believe that Sa Rang was apparently so jealous over their relationship that she would rat out Tae Woon as X. But as I watched the episode, I completely sympathized with her. I would have done the exact same thing. If I was forced to choose between my mother, who has worked herself to the bone for me, and my best friend's new boyfriend, who I barely know, of course I would choose my mother. But obviously Sa Rang shouldn't have made that choice in the first place. I'm glad they found a way to get past the corruption. Also, I was really surprised by Bo Ra and her bully's backstory. I always assumed Bo Ra was being victimized because she was an easy target, but it seems like they were once friends and something happened. I hope we get into that a little the last few episodes.


Strongest Deliveryman

I watched episode 7. This show is really something isn't it? It can be quite moving at times. Like when Dan Ah broke down after rescuing Jin Gyu from his suicide attempt, I actually cried a little bit, too. And it's weird, but I actually find myself rooting for the "bad guys" in this drama. Well Jin Gyu isn't exactly a bad guy, but when he's compared to Kang Soo, he's a devil with no morals. And I've actually grown quite sick of Kang Soo's self-rigteousness at times. He was so insistent on putting Jin Gyu in prison that he was willing to put all of his resources behind him to do so. He wasn't willing to hear out Jin Gyu at all. I don't like that he only sees things a certain way, that he's so rigid in his ideals. So I was almost happy when Jin Gyu weaseled his way out of prison, as if to spite Kang Soo. I do think it's cool that Kang Soo has made so many friends and gained so much respect and loyalty just by being a good person. I just wish he could be more flexible. The only character I truly dislike at this point is Ji Yoon. I thought she was really cute at first, willing to be homeless in order to gain freedom. However, lately her obsession over her "ahjussi" has grown delusional and cringeworthy. She's becoming downright obnoxious and I only like watching her on her fake dates with Jin Gyu.


Age of Youth 2

Would watch in a heartbeat, but no subs! I have a feeling that Netflix had snatched this season up so no official sites can sub, and none of the illegal sites can rip nonexistent subs. So I'll just have to wait until it finishes airing. 😒


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hwarang

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

The Sound of Your Heart