Last Drops of Summer



It's so damn hot outside. I just want to feel a breeze while I walk down the street, crunching leaves. 


Age of Youth 2

I've watched up to episode 6 with subs and episode 7 without subs. I absolutely loved the first episode. It was such a great transition from the last season to this new one. Second seasons are done so rarely in kdramas, and when they are they are they feel like spin offs or completely different series. This one feels like a true second season, though. Eun makes for an interesting new character, but I do miss Kang unni. I really don't like the new Eun Jae. What exactly is Park Hye Soo doing that she didn't have time for this? With the combination of supposed character development (which went in the wrong direction, if you ask me), and a completely new face, she just feels like a completely different character. I know it's not the actresses' fault, it's the writers'. Also Eun Jae's storyline sucks. In the first season, she did have that overdone first romance scenario, but she also had interesting developments with her family. Now her only plot is that she misses her ex boyfriend. Honestly, it's super boring to watch.

I absolutely love everyone else's storylines this season. Like I said before, Eun is an interesting addition. First of all, her friend Ye Ji, is 100% in love with her. But Eun likes boybands and yaoi(?) manwhas. I like her interactions with Jang Hoon because they're such an unlikely pairing. I do find it drastic, however, that she moved into an apartment of strangers just to find he recipient of a letter. I also find it fascinating to see Ye Eun's storyline because it's so realistic. If anyone got kidnapped and abused by their boyfriend, they would be significantly traumatized, for potentially years. It's nice to see her storyline portrayed that way. I'm happy with Jin Ayung's storyline because it's quite shallow in a way. I would say that her problems were the deepest the first season. But now she has a reliable job, she gets to be with her chef, and she seems to have much more free time to joke around with the other Belle Epoque girls. Lastly, I'm thrilled that Ji Won is getting more attention this season. She is undeniably the best person. It's interesting that her obsession with sex could be due to a past trauma that she might have blocked from her memory. I really wasn't expecting that. I've become enthralled with that mystery because there's so much ambiguity. She seems to be more aware of the plots revelations than we are and I want to know more. I've also become concerned for her friend, a character we haven't really met.


Strongest Deliveryman

I'm up to episode 10 now. I just keep loving Jin Gyu more and more. Though in real life, I would probably hate someone like him. I just love him as a character, which is why I can't help being evil. I want Hanyang Seolleongtang (sp?) to fail so Jin Gyu's restaurant will do well. What I'm thinking is that Jin Gyu's restaurant will go under. That's where Kang Soo's company comes in. Jin Gyu has past experience as a (very poor) deliveryman alongside Kang Soo. And it's only a matter of time before their bromance gets built up again. Perhaps, Ji Yoon will join the company, too. I actually like her much more now that she understands Kang Soo isn't interested in her. I still find her interactions with Jin Gyu hilarious.


Lingerie Girls Generation

Cyuuute! I'm feeling nostalgic for a time when I wasn't even alive. I think it has a lot to do with the OST, which is bomb. Seriously, the OST creates 50% of the atmosphere for this drama. I also like the dynamic between all the characters. I don't particularly like the protagonist, Jung Hee. She's described as being a bright young girl, but honestly most of the time she has a dark expression and has something to whine about. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but describe her character for what she truly is, a foolish teenager. Going along those lines, she's damn foolish for continuing to pine after Son Jin and treating Dong Moon the way she does. Son Jin was charming in a cunning sort of way in the beginning, and I can see how everyone falls for him so easily. But he continues to lie and hide his true intentions, which makes him ugly. Dong Moon, on the other hand, may have appeared awkward and uncomfortable at first, but he's grown much more endearing. I can't wait for Jung Hee to fall for him, only for him to move on so that she must win him back again. I also like how Hye Joo cares so deeply for friendship for Jung Hee. I wish Jung Hee could understand how earnest Hye Joo is and stop trying to compete with her. They could become a powerful pair. Lastly, I was initially disappointed with Do Hee's character Ae Sook because I wanted her to have a larger role. But I find Ae Sook's character to be intriguing. She clearly receives a lot of abuse and injustice and ends up taking it out on others. I hope she can find herself a Dong Moon someday.


Bad Thief, Good Thief

I completely forgot about Dol Mok's biological mother. I believed that she was dead, even though I forgot how she supposedly committed suicide. I think her revenge plan on Yoon Joong Tae is the most makjang thing that has happened on this show. The set up, the acting, and the lies all feel so classic soap opera-y. For some reason, I thought that the show would devote all of it's time towards addressing Joon Hee's true identity and his ongoing resentment towards his family. And at this point (episode 30), it still is very much prominent. But I didn't think that Dol Mok's past would resurface. I just figured he was told everything? So I guess there's a potential reunion to look forward to? Obviously I'm thrilled that Dol Mok and So Joo are finally together so they can be cute all the time!


While You Were Sleeping

I literally just watched the first 30 minutes. I don't even know why I decided to watch this. I'm not a big fan of the plot, or Suzy. To be honest though, the last show I saw Suzy act in was Big, which obviously crashed and burned. I guess I figured I owe this to Lee Jong Suk since I never finished W. I have mixed feelings about the first episode. I absolutely hated the way it started. It seemed messy and badly paced. I didn't like the way the two leading characters met, it felt too rushed like this is a 2 episode drama special. I think I warmed up to it a little by the ending of the episode, though. I like that 10 months had passed and I was pleasantly surprised that the reason she had long hair in her vision was because so much time had passed. At the passage of time also made the quick pacing at the beginning much more logical somehow, like transitioning from one chapter to another. So I don't know if I'll keep up with this one

I'm also kind of interested in watching Temperature of Love, but I'm scared to because I have no time!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hwarang

Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo

The Sound of Your Heart